더 네이츄어 2015년 사진 공모전 수상작 발표

공모전 및 사진계 관련 소식, 뉴스

더 네이츄어 2015년 사진 공모전 수상작 발표

M 권학봉 1 4784 2 0

6a44fe24f13e7da2a130dc12113d77db_1455352064_77.png

2015 Photo Contest

View the winning images and other great photos from this year's contest.

With over 17,000 submissions, it was tough narrowing these images down. With your help and the help of some guest judges, we're pleased to share some of the top images from this year's contest!

6a44fe24f13e7da2a130dc12113d77db_1455351971_09.jpg

Grand Prize

Red fox at Island Beach State Park, New Jersey. Photo © Jessica Kirste

"Every winter I go to Island Beach State Park in New Jersey to photograph the many red foxes that call this beautiful 10 mile long, preserved barrier island their home. It was an overcast day in February of 2014 when I spotted a fox resting on a small dune nearby. Quietly I lay flat on the ground in the parking lot some feet away from a large puddle, and the fox eventually woke up from its nap and started walking through the puddle in search of food. The fox took some interest and made eye contact as it walked through the puddle while I fired away. It was an incredible moment with a wild red fox. These beautiful small creatures are as interested in us as we are with them. Being an overcast day, the light was not a problem. With this being a wildlife shot you have to work quickly when the moment happens and hope that you get at least one great shot. Island Beach took a hit from Hurricane Sandy but these foxes amazingly survived and the island continues to recover. That photo shoot with the fox is a day I will never forget!"

Camera details: Canon 7D, 180mm, 1/1000 second exposure at f/5.6, ISO 500 

6a44fe24f13e7da2a130dc12113d77db_1455351973_93.jpg 

First Runner Up

Yosemite at night. Photo © Kris Thornton

"Last summer, my best friend and I traveled through Death valley and Yosemite. We spent three days camping and hiking around, taking in what this beautiful world has to offer. We hiked around most of the day and decided to set up in this small meadow. In the distance there is a small campground and children were playing in the field with headlamps on. Before it got too dark we set up the gear on a tripod and focused on the gorgeous half dome. It was getting dark fast and I knew I likely had one chance to get a good shot. We sat for about another hour waiting for the night to become black as could be and the only light was from the stars, moon, a few passing cars and if you look closely a climber's head lamp on the side of the mountain. I used a trigger and had the camera set in bulb mode. I did this shot as a 30 min exposure. I wanted to go for 40 min, but with the passing cars, I thought the photo was ruined and decided to try again the next night. This was the result. We had a great time and it is a memory I will always have."

Camera details: Nikon D800, 17-35 1.8 lens. 30 mi 

6a44fe24f13e7da2a130dc12113d77db_1455351969_03.jpg

2nd Runner Up

Jumping Through the sunset at Carpinteria Beach, California. Photo © John Nordstrand

"This was captured during one of the more spectacular evenings from winter 2014. I live close to this spot, Carpinteria Beach in Carpinteria, California, and tried to find a good place to setup for the shot. I was fortunate to walk all the way down to the end of the beach where I saw the tidal pool. As the sunset unfolded, the reflections in the pool just got better and better.

I had originally liked the image just as a landscape. But there is a local guy who walks the beach every night, and he had come down and gone all the way around the point. On his return, he just happened to "jump through" the perfect spot."

Camera details: Canon 70D, a Canon EFS 10-18 Zoom Lens F4.5/5.6, and the settings were ISO 400, 10 mm, F 8.0 at 1/125. 

6a44fe24f13e7da2a130dc12113d77db_1455351968_12.jpg

People in Nature

Alaska Glacier. Photo © Nathan Lane

"Myself and a fellow glacier guide were approaching this ice cave in Alaska when a large portion of the cave entrance collapsed, subsequently causing a rock slide over the entrance. We decided once we could get past this point that the cave would be stable though, so we quickly rushed in to get under the solid ice. Inside the cave the water was roaring, millions of tons of solid blue ice was bearing down above us, and it felt like we just stepped into another planet. I wanted to capture this feeling, and I knew that I wanted a person positioned at the entrance to give a sense of scale to this otherworldly environment. I framed my shot while standing in an ice cold waterfall, which provided the foreground. I also had to battle the continually dripping water from the melting ice above as well. Keeping my lens clear and camera semi-dry was a huge challenge. Once I decided on the composition, I had my friend run to the cave entrance, hold still for a few agonizing seconds, while I fired off 3 bracketed shots. I'm very thankful he was such a willing participant. He made the shot!"

Camera details: Camera: Canon 5D mark II. Lens: Tamron 15-30mm 2.8 Di VC USD. 15mm 0.5 sec at f/11 ISO 320 

더 많은 수상작 보러가기 

http://www.nature.org/photos-and-video/photography/photo-contest/2015-photo-contest-winners-and-highlights.xml

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License
크리에이티브 커먼즈의 비영리/ 교육/ 비평/ 연구 규정에 따른 저작권 예외조항의 적용을 받습니다.
원작자 표기, 출처를 표기 합니다.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode
Creative Commons may be contacted at creativecommons.org.

1 Comments
34 등대 2016.02.13 23:31  
이런 사진 보면 정말 어떻게 찍을까 감탄이 나올 뿐입니다.^^